I am sick but still crafting – a little. Rotten cold, with all the diseases mankind has conquered, I find it amazing that colds still exist. Anyhow, This little card (3.25×4.25”) is for the Friends of Flourishes sketch challenge, they showed 4 versions, each being a 90 degree rotation of the previous one. I just love their stamps but honestly, I haven’t gotten around to buying them yet-too many stamps, too little time and money! I have coloured in their Nasturtiums though, that is a Copic challenge because with such bright colours, I find it difficult to still show shading. I will eventually make the images into cards and will let you decide if you like how I coloured them.
In case you are wondering, this card is for Wyatt, that’s right, I still haven’t mailed the giant clothespin photo holder I made for him. I had to make this card small because I custom made the shipping box for the clothespin and it is quite small. So the card has to be small to fit in the box! I think you can get 3 cards from a sheet when you make them this size too. Good thing because I remade this card so many times it is ridiculous!
I started with a bashful blue base but changed my mind about the colour when I found this DP. So I cut another card out of this paper, I think it is soft sky, then distressed it with Baja Breeze but it was just to bright (I hadn’t even picked the label yet!) even after adding Antique Linen Distress ink. And when I tried it out with the DP squares, the distressing on the squares melded with the card base so the squares didn’t stand out well. ****SIGH**** So that base went into the scrap pile-the other side is still good right? Then I decided to go with a scalloped chipboard circle, I pressed it into my Antique Linen ink pad but it was too yellowish, so it went back into my chipboard storage box where I will likely cover it in paper or paint sometime later. No cardstock I usually use matched so I went into my odd pieces file. Cardstock other than SU! which I don’t use much and finally found a piece that matched. Woooo Hoooo
The rest was much easier. The chipboard flourishes are covered in white paint, then distressed with Linen Distress ink but they were still too white. So I pressed the ink pad onto an acrylic block, added a tiny squirt of white Liquid Pearls, mixed it and painted it on. Now they are distressed and pearlescent, I agree, an odd combo but it works. The button is one my mom got on eBay in a huge lot. Some were broken, seconds or grungy so I got those ones, perfect for this card.
Ink: Distress Antique Linen
Paper: CS-SU!, DP-K&Co
Accessories: paint-Making Memories, label-Melissa Frances, foam dots-Jody Morrow, chipboard-Maya Road, ribbon-May Arts, button-stash, Copic (ribbon colour), Liquid Pearls, Nestabilities scalloped circles
1 thought on “Vintage Baby Label Card”
i hope you feel better soon!