We got new neighbours this weekend. I was really disappointed when no one welcomed us to the neighbourhood so I was determined to say hi to our neighbours in style. I started as soon as I saw the For Sale sign, calling the real estate agent to find out the closing date.
So I made this adorable little house from a PTI template to hold some brownies I plan to take over. It doesn’t look like it but it is actually a box with a detachable roof. Then I saw a recipe for caramel and I was determined to make my own. (That is a whole other story of it’s own.) So that ended up in there waiting for the brownies. I have a bit of a cold so I haven’t taken it over yet.
Here is the side, the other is the same just without the tag. I poked a hole through the button hole to attach the tag. That way if they want to remove it, the hole won’t be very noticeable. The door is stmaped with celery but it was too bright so I toned it down with glitter. It really is still too bright, I should have used moss cardstock instead.
The roof was airbrushed using another piece of punched CS as a mask. I was kicking myself that I hadn’t offset the scallops as I would have entered it in the Paper Crafts or Moxie Fab challenge to use offset scallops. Oh well. After airbrushing the ‘shingles’ the contrast was a bit stark so I continued to airbrush getting the look you see in the photos. The gable roofs were airbrushed similarly but without the masked parts.
The flower is made from scalloped music paper circles with a silk flower in the middle, I removed all the parts of the flower except the petals (it had these weird little thingies to hold the petals closer together but they showed somewhat, eww, and the stamen/pistil/whatever was ugly too) and used a brad to hold everything together. Then I placed a drop of glue on the brad head and added clear microbeads; I do wish I’d had some gold or yellow ones though.
I’ve been trying really hard to edit my photos so they won’t be so dark. They always look fine on my laptop but since the screen angle adjusts, it seems to always make me underexpose my photos or choose ones that are underexposed. GRR. Here’s hoping this is better!
Stamps: Home Made-PTI
Ink: chocolate chip, celery, pale plum-SU!, Antique Linen, Tattered Rose Distress ink
Paper: PTI natural white CS, chocolate CS-PTI, Melissa Frances DP, vintage music paper
Accessories: scalloped circle Nestabilities, Spellbinders tag die, silk flower-Michaels, pearls-Dollarama, Copic Airbrush system, E47 Copic Marker, MS microbeads, butterfly and border punches, PTI buttons, gold cord-SU!, vintage lace, Scor-Tape