Our Challenge this week is to De-Stress by Distressing while using the Sketch Sarah designed.
I started by flipping the sketch and substituted ribbon for the panel on the left side because I didn’t want to cover up all that great DP that already had distressing ‘built in’! Then I sponged the panels with ink and scratched up the edges of the card and the DP panels. The edges of the chipboard sticker were sanded and inked too. I also used an ink spritzing tool from SU! to fly speck my card. That thing killed my hands, now I remember why I stopped using it. I am longing for another can of air for my Copic airbrush system! I just finished it earlier this week. Maybe I’ll get out our compressor and see if it will work. I always had air so I haven’t tried it out.
I hope you will all play with us at the OCC this week! Thanks to Sarah for a great challenge and we are so glad she is safe from the devastation caused by the earthquake in New Zealand; thankfully her family is safe too. Don’t forget to visit the OCC blog to check out all the FANTASTIC projects from the DT! They are just YUMMY!
Stamps: Sentiment PTI
Ink: Distress Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, chocolate chip-SU!
Paper: Wanted-Cosmo Cricket, chocolate chip, vanilla CS-SU!
Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Circle Nesties, Cosmo Cricket Wanted Chipboard, hardware-SU!, ribbon-stash, hemp twine-stash