This is for the Shabby Tea Room Challenge this week.
I took a basic pail I got from either a dollar store of the Dollar Spot in Target and added some metallic rub-on to the outside. I quickly realized that, even with heat setting, it wasn’t going to set. Bummer. So I added some workable fixatif. Bad idea. It seemed to work but if rubbed to hard, it came off. Then I tried adding some red line tape to attach the lace. The first piece of tape wouldn’t stick at all and removed the rub on and fixativ from the area I was taping and a bit beyond. Seriously? I decided to embrace the uneven nature figuring it lent to the distressed look I was going for. At least the second piece of tape stuck.
Next I added a Spellbinders fancy label which I stamped and distressed with more rub-on. I used ribbon to attach the label and added some pearls. I didn’t have quite the right colour of roses so I added some Copic airbrushing to them. Perfect! These were adhered over top of some mini ivy die cuts. I used Copic markers on white paper to get just the right colour. Click on the photo to link to the challenge.
Stamps: SU! french script
Ink: Cup o joe-HA, melon berry-PTI
Accessories: vintage lace, raspberry rickrack-stash, roses-Really Reasonable Ribbon, pearls-Dollarama, pail-dollar store or dollar spot, ivy die-Memory Box, rub-on metallic paste-stash, Krylon workable fixatif, label die- Spellbinders