Funny thing, how coincidences pop up in life. I’ve been working on some shabby chic fall foam pumpkins for the last couple of weeks. Then I see the photo inspiration for The Card Concept 100! How perfect!
But my pumpkins aren’t done AND it’s a card challenge so I made this little beauty. I wanted to use patterned paper and the only stamps I have are solid so I used my phone as a light table and traced some pumpkin graphics. Then I used graphite paper to transfer the images on to the papers I wanted to use. If you decide to ever use graphite paper, use a gentle hand, especially on lighter papers. The package says to erase it with a white eraser but it is very hard to erase; much, much more so than a regular pencil. I added Copic shading and erased the lines that I could. Then I had fun decorating them in a super pretty shabby way.
The pumpkin in the back is covered with gold Liquid Pearls, then I added pearls and flowers. The tan pumpkin has gold Distress Stickles and again, a little flower and pearls. The pink pumpkin in the front has a single flower and a strip of pearls. But it isn’t just the focal point that was treated with gold and glitter. It took me a while to get the background just the way I wanted it. I started with a light card base and a white die cut. But the pumpkins looked too rustic for that combination. I cut another die cut from a green patterned paper and tried a linen card base. No, still not right. Last I tried this pretty floral paper for the die cut and kraft for the card base. Finally the right look!
But the background wasn’t fancy enough for the rest of the card. So I added some gold acrylic paint dry brushing on the kraft cardstock. I also did a test piece to see if I liked the effect of adding a woodgrain texture. Yep, even prettier. So I added that and put the card together. After seeing the gold glitter on the pumpkin next to the kraft card base, I needed more glitter. I added some gold Stickles, not the distress kind this time, to the card base using my finger to spread it lightly. A LOT of glitter stuck to my finger so I tried some little silicone polymer clay shaping tools I bought a few months ago. Bingo! The perfect spread and none on my finger! For a final touch I added a sentiment from the Hero Arts fall kit from last year although I did straighten out the curve in it and embossed it in gold powder.